We depart for Peru and Ecuador tomorrow and I wanted to give you all a quick update and let you know that I will be posting journal entries throughout the trip, then will be writing comprehensive visitor guides and posting videos when we return. I am beyond excited about this trip and cannot wait to share this adventure with you!
I had to buy a wetsuit for the Galapagos last minute because I checked the current water temperatures and they are below 70 degrees Fahrenheit. This isn’t extremely cold, but it is cold enough to be uncomfortable if you are in the water for a long period of time. Seeing as though we are going to be snorkeling and\or diving every single day that we are on the islands, we figured it was better to be safe than sorry.
Luckily, I found a relatively cheap wetsuit on Amazon that has gotten positive reviews. That wetsuit arrived yesterday and I think I am all set. The weather is going to vary by location on this trip, with the lows in Cusco reaching the 30’s and the highs in the Galapagos in the mid 70’s, so I am packing plenty of layers. Below is a list of some of the other gear that I am packing for the 2-week trip.
- Hiking Boots
- Hiking Sandals
- Water Shoes
- Convertible Pants (that convert to shorts) (5 pairs)
- Long Sleeve Shirts
- Patagonia Nano Puff Jacket
- Overboard Waterproof Backpack
- LowPro Camara Backpack
- International Power Adapters
- Portable USB Charger
- Canon 5d Mark IV (with battery grip)
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens (with hood and a polarizing filter)
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens (with hood and a polarizing filter)
- GoPro Hero 6 Black (with chest and head harness and float stick)
- Plenty of spare batteries
- Seavenger Odyssey 3mm Neoprene Wetsuit
- North Face wide brim safari hat
- SPF 70 Sun Screen
- Jungle Juice 100% DEET Insect Repellent
We depart tomorrow morning and will be arriving in Lima, Peru late. Tuesday will be all about exploring Lima before we head to Cusco on Wednesday. Please check back for another update on Lima, Peru tomorrow. We have some big things planned for our first full day in Peru!