The month of February has brought some very big news for the national parks system in the United States. This month, the United States National Parks Service announced the addition of a new national park. The Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore has officially been designated as America’s 61st national park. This is great news for all of those who love beautiful places and want to see those places preserved.
In light of this news, I may have to adjust my travel plans for this year to incorporate a visit to the newest national park this summer. It will be especially easy for me as it is only a few hours drive from where I live.
In the meantime, if you would like to get a bit more acquainted with this new national park, the National Park Service already has information about the park on its website. I have included some resources below if you are interested.
- Indiana Dunes National Park – Map
- Indiana Dunes National Park – Things to Do
- Indiana Dunes National Park – Trip Itineraries
- Indiana Dunes National Park – Nearby Attractions
- Indiana Dunes National Park – Wildlife in the Park