My 2020 National Parks Road Trip Itinerary
As I began to plan my 2020 National Parks Road Trip that I outlined for you a few weeks back, I began to realize how beneficial it might be for me to share the process I use to plan long road trips. Believe it or not, even though they don’t include air travel or the other complexities associated with fly-and-stay travel, road trips can be surprisingly difficult to plan. This is especially true during a global pandemic. That is why I have chosen to share my detailed road trip itinerary and planning process with you in case it might help you in navigating the planning process for your next big road trip. I have included links to each day’s itinerary plan, as well as the main itinerary article, below to assist you with navigation.
Day’s Driving Map
- Drive from Minneapolis Area to Fort Collins, Colorado Area.
What to See
- Nothing on the sight-seeing itinerary for the day.
Where to Stay
- Fort Collins North / Wellington KOA Journey
- Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA Holiday *
- Ansel Watrous Campground
- Stove Prairie Campground
- Mountain Park Recreation Area
- Narrows Campground
- Estes Park KOA Holiday
- Aspen Glen Campground
- Moraine Park Campground (Inside Park)
- Cub Creek Primitive Campground (Inside Park)
- Glacier Basin Campground
- Estes Park Campground at East Portal
- Estes Park Campground at Mary’s Lake
- Hermits Hollow Campground